daylanKifky Thanks! I updated to the latest version, looks like I screwed up somehow when I was updating to the quick fix for the output stream. Updated and double checked the version.
pi@Raspi:~/notochord/bin $ ./notochord --version
Chordata's Notochord v0.2.0b #d051c5a
but unfortunately the calibration still isn't working on that same sensor. There are no errors, but the calibration is always zero. I recalibrated a sensor that I know works, and got a proper calibration to validate.
info~[ 35954] Collecting mag samples, do the calibration procedure..
press ENTER when you are done.
info~[ 102753] Samples collected: 0
Calibration results KALMAN:
<calibration type="offset" target="mag">
0 0 0
<calibration type="matrix" target="mag">
1 0 0
0 1 0
0 0 1 </calibration>
info~[ 102769] Writting to EEPROM, xor: 0
info~[ 103141] Calibration successfuly recorded to K-Ceptor EEPROM, exiting.
I noticed that it says zero samples collected, but it also said that for every other sensor that I calibrated after updating, and they calibrate fine. I also got xor:0 on working calibrations.